Happy New Year, party people! I hope you had a safe NYE and that you started the year the way you hope to live the entire year. Me? I always bring in the new year in prayer wherever I may be.
I know it’s been a minute sine I’ve connected with you all. I’ve been M.I.A. (no, not the airline code…although I’m dreaming of Miami), but I hope you guys understand. I’m still taking it one step at a time.
So, everyone asks the same ole question every first week of January: What are your New Year’s resolutions? This is what came to mind:
1. Get organized. I’m gonna make Peter Walsh proud! If I haven’t worn it in a year, it’s getting donated. I’m shredding enough old files to host a confetti party next NYE! I’m also writing lists for everything. I plan to have a more organized house, child, blog and mind!
2. Stop depending on electronics. Upgrading to Lion and 5.0 has had its pros and cons. Pros – iCloud, iTunes Match, and the Find my iPhone app (I was reunited with my phone because of this app and some investigative work.) Cons – The BlogPress app hasn’t worked since the upgrade and MS Office for Mac 2004 is completely useless now! Hmph!
2. Make time to improve on things you’re not-so-good at doing. Near the end of the year, I started a few DIY/Craft projects and even baked a few not-so-edible cookies. Although my projects are incomplete and my cookies were super-duper dry, I plan to discover a lot more things that I stink at doing. It’s all about the experience!
4. Eat more fresh fruits and veggies. Since cocoa comes from a plant, does chocolate count?
5. Use my Rosetta Stone software. I can’t have the munchkin knowing more Spanish and Mandarin Chinese from Dora and Kai-Lan while my expensive software is collecting dust! I need an iPad app instead. Who carries laptops everywhere anymore?
6. Use my arm bike. I’ve lost some of the definition in my arms, but I know it won’t be too difficult getting it back. Still trying to figure out the thighs though.
Basically, these aren’t real resolutions! I strive to be a better me everyday.
Do you have any resolutions? Share and score! Tell me yours and you may win a Target gift card!
Tell me your New Year’s Resolution or why you don’t make them.
Want to improve your chances of winning? Each one gives you another entry.
- Subscribe via emsil (1 extra entry)
- Subscribe via Google Friend Connect (1 extra entry)
- Like us on Facebook (1 extra entry)
- Follow @iamnotmychair on Twitter (1 extra entry)
- Retweet any tweet before the contest ends (1 extra entry per day)